Friday 17 August 2012

A RAINY DAY IN CORNWALL

Well Hello all,

It has been a beastly day here in Cornwall, raining and windy, this morning we all went up to the stables to bring in dazzle and ace of spades my two horses ( when I say all I mean Smarty Pants, Chumleigh, Toby and me Smarty is still asking me to send them back oh dear...) I had a group lesson on Ace it was good, after six years of riding I am still having lessons. I will never be a Mary King, although she is coming up to our livery yard in November maybe she can give me some tips, after the lesson we all go to the Wendy House ( no not one of the little children's play houses ) it is what we call our place were we can crash and drink loads of coffee and just be social it is great especially on a day like today. Once we had finished putting the world to rights we got on with some work. I am now at home and talking to you.
This is another Christmas design I know what you are thinking but it is not that far away really, not the way the day's are flying by. Anyway this is it.
The base card is a white 8ins by 8ins with a scalloped edge. The image has been recycled from an old Christmas card we received last year. I have tried to colour co ordinate by picking a colour tone from the main image which is predominatly Green so I have printed one of the backing papers from a CD  rom of Joanne Sheen. Which I have used to die cut a spellbinder frame and placed the main image on to it. I used the same pattern to die cut the bauble and the flower. In one corner I have placed a scroll peel off in silver. I think sometimes it is nice to just use one colour tone in a design and the effect is great.
Till Tomorrow Then

Suzy B
of
DAZZLING ACE DESIGNS

http://dazzling-ace-designs.hostedbywebstore.co.uk/
PLEASE NOTE MY WEBSTORE IS STILL UNDER CONSTRUCTION