Saturday 13 July 2013

52 {Christmas} Card Throwdown July Colour Challenge ..............

Good Afternoon Readers,
Well is it hot enough for you all.......... here in Cornwall it is a another very hot day...... even the breeze is hot, I sat out in the garden for a bit this afternoon and had my lunch under the shade of my apple tree, but it was still hot, and I do feel sorry for my dogs in this weather, because they follow me everywhere, they were all trying to lay in the shade with me, so I ate my lunch and came inside were it was slightly cooler, even at 06.30 this morning you could tell it was going to be a scorcher of a day, I rode Ace early but we both felt the heat even at 08.00, and Ace is black so he attracted the heat, so I left him in the cool of his stable, and came home, once I got myself cleaned up I left the dogs in the cool and popped in to town to visited the little craft shop we have, and of course I did not come out empty handed, so I have a little more to add to my stash, tomorrow I am going to my son's new house for a barbecue, as it is my Grandson Jacobs 1st birthday on Monday, so will take my camera and get lots of pics.... and today I joined in with the fun over on 52cct.blogspot. and my entry is below, I should have looked at this challenge before I went in to town, only I did not have any dark green card stock in my stash, all other shades of green but not dark, oh well it's a good excuse to visit the craft shop again, not that I need one...... so I improvised by using Dark Green Peel offs, and 2 Dark Green Brads......




Recipe for my Design,
C5 Ivory Linen Effect Card Base
Chocolate Brown Card Stock
Berry Red Card Stock 
2 x Dark Green Leaf Brads
Dark Green Border Peel Offs,
Lettering Cut In Berry Red Card Stock using my Big Shot



8 comments:

  1. A beautifully CAS card Suzi - thanks for joining in this week at 52CCT - Jacqueline xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a gorgeous CAS creation! LOVE the beautiful leaves--a fabulous element! Thanks for joining us at 52CCT! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. The clean and simple design is very nice. Thanks for sharing your card in this week's sketch challenge at 52{C}CT.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. COLOR challenge. Not sketch challenge.
      Off to procure more caffeine to jolt my brain awake... :p

      Delete
  4. Great CAS design Suzy, the leaf brads are such a sweet touch! Thanks so much for joining us at 52 {C}CT again, hope you come back soon! Ruth x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice job with our color challenge this week. I love your border and the brads. Thanks so much for joining us this week at ATS&M.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fabulously simple and effective, great use of the colours. Thanks for joining in the fun this week at 52 CCT

    Louise xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Simple and so elegant - a lovely Christmas card. Sorry to be so late commenting. Thanks so much for playing along with 52CCT this week!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment.